Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Baby Bunnies - Day Twenty-nine

'I'm helping! I'll chew up the bills you don't want!'
Thanks Trouble... but that doesn't make them go away.....


Well, today's post is more of question really, so maybe those of you out there who have raised baby bunnies can help answer my question. It seems that the babies have learned an 'adult' activity and now do this more frequently. I know nothing can happen right now, but it's a bad habit and it's a little embarrassing because they do this when people come over to visit. I assume this is natural, but I am surprised that they are learning this at such a young age! What can I do? Should I start to separate them already? They are still nursing. If anyone knows anything about this, please leave a comment!


Naughty little bunnies....


Naughty

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

From my experience is a dominance thing at this age. They are trying to determine who top bun is. You may want to check with JoJo in the Bunny Lovers Group on Flickr.

RG said...

It was all about dominance with our little group too. Trying to establish the pecking order. I don't think you will have any "new ones" before these guys are 8 weeks old. But better check that out, like Fiona says. Bunny knows best.

YowlYY said...

I agree with fiona and rabbits' guy...it's a dominance thing, clearly. The bunnies won't be sexually mature until in their 10th-12th week of age, or later (depending on the breed), so there's no danger right now. They're all so cute! And could I borrow Trouble for some shredding, please? I've been doing my accounts and I have some sensitive documents that need a shredder, best if cute and furry ;-)

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't mess around too long, I got my Andrewbun when he was three weeks old, and at about 2 months old he (started going crazy) So right at three mos. old he got the old *snip*snip*